Sunday, October 25, 2015

Trunk or treat

Anna and Elsa:
Our ward's trunk or treat was last week. Everyone dressed up but Jess. After over 11 years of marriage I think I finally get it-Jess actually likes dressing up, he also likes pretending he hates dressing up. This has mad it rather confusing to me, but now that I know I will plan him a costume from here on out.
 
Pantera wanted to be Aphrodite the Greek goddess. After getting her all dressed up and taking a step back I had to try hard not to get all emotional on her. She is so grown up!!! And I don't think it is just my mom goggles seeing that she is absolutely gorgeous! With a feisty and funny personality not to mention brains, ok now I might just be bragging but seriously look what I made:
 Yes I am taking full credit for my child. When she saw a rather tight fitting costume on a teenager she whispered to me "I would NEVER let my daughter wear that!" Ok Pantera it has been documented, we will all remember this if you ever want to wear something I think is "skankalicious."
 Amari wanted to be Elsa for Halloween. I really think just to cause problems for me. You see Seneca is OBSESSED with Elsa and she is the only one who can be "Let it go." I ordered an Elsa and an Anna costume hoping Seneca would wear the Anna one. Lucky me when they came in the mail the Elsa one fit Seneca and Anna fit Amari. And even luckier Amari was alright with it...phew crisis averted.
Amari was telling us about her sleep study the other morning. She said "When we were driving home before it wasn't even morning it was so dark, and there were lots of lights. It looked just like Tokyo, wait what does Tokyo look like?" Then tonight she was being goofy and put her head through the arm hole of one of Jess' t-shirts. Jess said she looked like E.T. she got huffy and said "I don't look like a T or a E!" I guess she didn't get that 20 something year old movie reference.
Katurah is Larryboy AKA Larry the Cucumber for Halloween. Surprisingly enough she was the only one at the trunk or treat. She makes me play this game with her constantly and I always have to be Bob the Tomato. It usually goes something like this "You have to say, Who is that Pickle?" I repeat "Who is that Pickle?" she replies "I am not a pickle, I am a cucumber! And I am a superhero. You have to say What is your name?" And this can go on for hours. My favorite is the way she moves while pretending to be said cucumber, she hops with her arms straight down by her sides, it looks amazing. She is getting a boatload of Veggie Tales toys and books for her birthday. When one of the packages arrived I opened it in what I thought was a sly manner and she must have seen something because she asked "Is there something cucumber in there?"
If your kid wants to be Larry the Cucumber, you better be ready to be Bob the Tomato:
Zeke was torn between a police officer and Darth Vader this year. He makes a pretty cute cop, I wouldn't mind getting a ticket from that sweet face. He found his first tooth that he lost in a little tooth chest thing. When one of the girls went to open it he said "Be careful, it 's a shark tooth in there!" He really thought it was a shark tooth. He has been invited to all sorts of birthday parties over the past few weeks. On our way home from one yesterday he said "I have so many best friends, like everyone just wants me to come to their parties!" Kind of overwhelmed like. And he was greeted so happily yesterday, all of these little boys were so happy to see each other outside of school.

He's already got his good cop down:
Or his bad cop if he needs it:


 

1 comment:

Coco Lucas said...

These costumes are GREAT! I am digging the Bob costume the most though., you make an awesome tomato!