Wednesday, August 27, 2014

back to school

 This week Pantera started 4th grade and Zeke started Kindergarten. I cried myself to sleep pretty much all last week, I am such a baby! I HATE that they are growing up so fast. But as you can see from pictures, I was the only one sad for back to school time.
 There is a boy in Zeke's class with a peanut allergy so they have asked all the parents not to send in snacks with peanuts or tree nuts. While packing Zeke's lunch for the first day he came into the kitchen and asked "Is the boy who is allergic to peanuts allergic to ham and cheese?" I told him no just nuts and he replied "Then I will have a ham and cheese sandwich." He came home happy and was happy to go back the next two days.
 Pantera was right, they do pass out unicorns and unlimited candy bars instead of worksheets and homework in 4th grade!!! Ok, so  maybe that is just what you would have thought was going on with the way she came home Monday. She was SO HAPPY and talked about a mile a minute from the time she got home until she finally fell asleep. Great quote "4th grade is all about organization, this is going to be my year to shine!"
 Meanwhile home, the girls played "hot tub" with the dog. Just a little creepy.
Amari had our entire day planned out and has not given me much time to do anything but play with her. She has also decided to fill all the silence Pantera has left with her absence. She talks about everything such as "Mom, everyday I need to go to the bathroom. It's really weird."

1 comment:

Coco Lucas said...

They are getting so big! I love all those girls and that they have each other to play with!