Sunday, March 10, 2013

One Fish Two Fish

Katurah is taking her big sister training very seriously. She will take her new baby for walks, hold it, hug it, and hope it's a little more durable then a jar of chicken bouillon which just kept falling out of the stroller. Notice her Perry the platypus shirt that once was Amari's. This is her favorite thing to wear and if you ask her "Where's Perry?" she will look down at her belly and point, regardless of what she is wearing.
 Papa is nearly finished remodeling our upstairs bathroom, it is looking beautiful! The kids sure love having him around everyday. Next he is turning our laundry room into less of an eyesore. He has remodeled nearly our entire house, thanks Dad doesn't even cover it.
 Zeke and Pantera had Dr. Seuss day at school the week before last. They both had fun, but Zeke is really into his books now. He quotes Hop on Pop while he runs "Past fast!" And I love to listen to him read to himself. The other day I overheard him as he was flipping through the pages of One Fish, Two Fish "Some are fast, some are slow (pause for a little confusion on Zeke's part) some are in a...volcano? Why? Go ask your mom!"

He has decided that we are having a girl baby. "One more sister." I guess he doesn't mind being totally outnumbered.
Movie and a snack, I think this is the longest time I have seen my kids sit still together maybe ever. Pantera and Amari are inseparable these days, "We are best friends forever!" I hope it stays that way. Amari gets so excited when Pantera gets home from school, big sisters are pretty great.
 And this is what my kids are usually doing, jumping on the couches like they aren't supposed to and wrestling each other.

On Friday we went to a new store with my Dad. We were gone long enough that I had to stop and eat. I jokingly said we would have a very fancy lunch at Wendy's. Amari took this very seriously and started talking in her fancy voice "Well Mom, we are eating on a couch." We were in a booth. Then "Well Mom" I replied "Well Dear." She started laughing "You called me a reindeer!"

I went full blown crazy and bought a fetal doppler so I can hear the baby's heartbeat whenever I want. It works great and the baby has a nice strong heartbeat. I did get to hear it at the doctors as well, but that was old news by the time my appointment rolled around. I haven't even started name hunting, any suggestions are very welcome.

No comments: