Monday, January 21, 2013

the big 3-0

Jess turned 30 on Saturday! We had a great weekend trying to spoil him as much as possible. He was nice enough to share his special day with me, I got to sneak away to the dentist at 8am to start my fillings...oh so fun! Aside from that it really was a great weekend, we bought a 1/4 of a cow and had some amazing meals with it...roast and chimis. Then we had friends over to watch some football and celebrate Jess' oldness last night. I am a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband, he is such a fun person to be around and he really is my best friend in the whole world. I love you Jessiboy!
 Amari using my slave flash as a microphone and looking rather terrified in the process...
Singing to her biggest fan...She knows how to put on a show! She was such a pill in nursery yesterday. When I asked her why she was not good for Sister Lang she said "But I wanted to frustrate her." At least she was successful.
Zeke and Amari had their friend Audrey over to play on Friday. The girls were so cute together, chasing Zeke around the house and he loved it. Audrey and Zeke are 10 days apart, but she is one of those 4 going on 24 little girls, such a crack up. When I dropped her off at her house I noticed a bunch of chickens near there house. I asked her if those were hers and she excitedly said "Yes! And I'm a really good chicken catcher!" Then she bolts over to a HUGE rooster and yells "Black Jack! Come here!" as she is attempting to tackle this creature who is nearly as big as her. I asked her "Is he going to be nice to you when you do catch him?" She replies "No, he always scratches me!" I love kids.
 
The other night, the kids had been in bed for over an hour and Zeke came downstairs. He lays on my lap and says "All this talking is making me tired." Ok, captain random.
 They had dress like your future career day at Pantera's school. After about a million different ideas and shooting down a million of my ideas, Pantera finally came up with being a bird trainer, they are in high demand you know. So I made her a name tag that read "Certified Avian Specialist  Pittsburgh Zoo" just to confuse all the kids. She felt pretty awesome. She was telling me all about a boy in her class who is the quarterback of his little football team. She went on and on about all of his responsibilities and ended with "it must be tough to be Q.B., that means quarterback mom." Thank you for clarifying.

I'm still a little hazy on the child labor laws in our area...If you finish sweeping I will let you wear pants. If only my kids liked to wear clothes. Katurah loves to bring us things and say "I wah da!" Or Katurah for I want that. She also loves to pretend to be a puppy dog these days and barks and pants, so very cute.
 
 
Cleo bathes in the sink every day. Pantera call her the Allosaurus when she gets out, she does look ridiculous.

1 comment:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Tell Jess a belated Happy Birthday! Man if he is old I am ancient. Love the great pictures of your sweet little ones. How fun! Hugs, Bobbi Jo